2020 DuPage County HOPE Taskforce Funding Opportunity
The DuPage County HOPE Taskforce is pleased to announce a funding opportunity to address the opioid crisis in DuPage County. Areas of interest for this funding cycle include overdose response and treatment and recovery. The HOPE Taskforce particularly seeks innovative, community-based proposals.
The online submission form can be found below. The submission of an application does not guarantee funds will be made available. The total funding available is $100,000. Grant applications must be between $10,000 and $50,000.
- Local units of government (ex. Municipalities, townships, police, fire, libraries)
- Federally tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
- Substance use disorder treatment providers licensed by Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery (SUPR)
- Proposed projects should address at least one of the following HOPE Taskforce Framework areas:
- Overdose Response
- Treatment & Recovery, including harm reduction
- The proposed project must serve primarily DuPage County residents.
- Projects focused on treatment and recovery must accept Medicaid and/or individuals who are uninsured.
- Applications proposing innovative strategies are desired. However, projects involving clinical care must use evidence-based treatment practices.
- The proposal must be for a new project or expansion of an existing project.
- Any organization funded by the HOPE Taskforce will be required to submit a progress report and a final report at dates to be determined.
- Project period duration of up to 12 months between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
- Application Form
- Project Narrative (DOC) – To be uploaded to the Application Form
- Budget Narrative (DOC) – To be uploaded to the Application Form
- A detailed budget, using the provided template, must be submitted with the application.
- The following costs are NOT eligible:
- Treatment scholarships or clinical care for individuals (Note: costs to support staff providing clinical services is allowable.)
- Conference-related expenses
- Indirect costs
Applications must be submitted via the online application and are due no later than 12:00pm noon CT on Friday, October 9, 2020.
The contact person listed on the application will receive an email confirming receipt of the application within 1 business day of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Sarah Troll at Sarah.Troll@dupagehealth.org.
- Evaluation of proposals will be conducted by members of the HOPE Taskforce and DuPage County Health Department staff.
- The HOPE Taskforce will review recommendations on funding at the November/December 2020 meeting.
- Notification of award is anticipated in late December 2020.
Technical Assistance and Questions
- Questions about this funding opportunity can be directed to Sarah.Troll@dupagehealth.org.
- Subscribe to receive updates regarding this funding opportunity, including notification of any posted FAQs.
- A webinar providing general grant-writing technical assistance was held on September 16, 2020. A recording of the webinar is available here.